Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Great News...

Well as you all know I had an Amniocentesis test done two weeks ago this Friday. I was supposed to recieve some quick results as soon as Monday or Tuesday the following week, but to my dismay the results for that were inconclusive, so I was forced to wait for the final results. I finally got those results today. This Morning, February 16, around 10:30Am I got a phone call from the genetic counselor, Jamie, and she told me that the baby's chromosomes are normal. Meaning she has two sets of 23, nothing is missing or extra. I was so thrilled to hear this, infact I feel elated. I was so worried that there would be something wrong with her, but to hear that she is perfectly normal is such a blessing.
I also had to go back to Good Sam today for another routine ultrasound to make sure Alexandra is gaining weight. She is gaining weight just fine. She is currently 15oz. which means she has gained 5oz. since February 1. I may not be a doctor, but I think that is pretty good. I also found out that my due date has been changed from June 11 to now June 22. So I am currently, with my new due date, 22 weeks. They changed my dates because she was always measuring smaller than normal for the date I had. So now she is almost a full pound at 22 weeks gestation. YAY!! I do have another dr appointment tomorrow and will talk with her about what they may or may not do now that we know her chromosomes are normal. They are still concerned about my placenta so we will see what they want to do about that. I shall write more tomorrow after I have talked to my dr. so until then goodnight everyone. Have a wonderful night.

4 comments:

  1. That is so great!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I'm so happy she is so healthy and you don't have the stress anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much, I know I was worried for awhile, but now it seems the burden has been lifted off my shoulders. Now I just need to wait for what my doctor says about my placenta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, YAEY! That is wonderful news. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news. Congratulations on the good news.

    ReplyDelete