Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update...

It has been awhile since I have last posted, so I thought I would post something today. As you are all well aware we got some fantastic news about my amnio test, it came back that all her chromosomes were normal. I am so relieved to have that come back normal, I was very afraid that something would be wrong and I would ultimately be left with making a very difficult decision. Now knowing that she is chromosomely sound the doctors have told me that I can do more things, but would still prefer that I not lift heavy things just to be safe. They also have me getting an ultrasound every week to make sure that she is doing well. The first 3 scans in the month will be limit scans to look for something called Hydrops Fetalis, then every 4th scan will be to track her growth. Hydrops fetalis is a severe, life-threatening problem of swelling in the fetus. There are two types of Hydrops, immune- results when the mother's immune system causes breakdown of red blood cells in the fetus, and non-immune- (more common) results when diseases or complications interfere with the baby's ability to manage fluid. They want to test for this because of my placenta issues, and just to be on the safe side. For me, I feel wonderful and am pleased that they are taking all the precautions to make sure that my baby is healthy. I feel a lot better than I have felt since this whole thing started. I have even felt her move a lot more to this point, she is quite active too usually when I am going to sleep, but hey she has time to adjust to my sleeping pattern before she comes, right? HA, yeah. Anyway, it is a great feeling when I do feel her move or squirm or kick almost like a reassurance she is doing ok. I love it when she does, it makes me smile every time.
As for the rest of the family they are doing wonderful too, my wonderful husband took me on the most wonderful date this past Saturday. He took me to the Iron Horse. It was fabulous, and very relaxing as well, a much needed date. Sarah is getting to be such a big help around the house, although she sometimes complains about having to "do so much" but she knows that she is helping mommy and baby Ally, so while she complains she is happy to do it. Hannah is loving preschool, and has overcome her fear of talking, although I still may not be able to understand she now talks more when before she would just stay quiet. Aiden is my little monster, he likes to pretend he is a monster or a ghost and ran around pretending to scare people. It is very cute, but sometimes he can get carried away. So, as you can tell, we are all doing very well at this point. Hope you are doing well too, until next time.

1 comment: